Join the Team
WE ARE HIRING
If you live in Winchester and enjoy your food and drink, chances are you’ve already been to Cabinet Rooms. We’re an award-winning, independent café-bar based opposite the theatre and are best known for our cosy, welcoming atmosphere and our classic cocktails.
It’s an exciting time as we reopen and we’re expecting to be busy at weekends, which is why we’re now looking for a new bartender to join our team.
Read on for more details including how to apply.
If you have hospitality experience and are interested in wines, spirits and making drinks this role is a great opportunity to learn and develop your skills. We’re 100% independent, with complete control over what we sell so developing drinks and menus is an ongoing project you can be a part of.
It’s hard work too so you’ll never be at a loss for things to do. Busy weekend evenings will definitely keep you on your toes but you’ll enjoy being a part of a small team looking after a mature, discerning clientele with high expectations.
This is a role you can make your own if you have a genuine interest in learning new things. You can be a part of our creative and inclusive community and stamp your mark on the place in the long run. You may even want to make a name for yourself and hone your bar tending skills to enter competitions with our support.
We want to hire someone who’s got a great attitude, work ethic and lots of potential because as the world returns to normal there’ll be the opportunity to progress and take on more responsibility.
- Memorising drinks specifications
- Making consistently delicious drinks
- Serving customers with a smile
- Maintaining food hygiene standards
- Reducing waste and costs to the business
- Working at festivals and off-site events
PAY & BENEFITS
- Approx. 13 hours/week with the potential to increase hours post-Pandemic
- Contributory pension scheme
- Staff discounts on food and drink
- Concessions on festival tickets for friends and family
- Staff meal for shifts longer than 6 hours
- Training opportunities
- Professional qualifications and personal licence (after one year’s service)
- Plan to progress and take on more responsibility
To be considered for this role please email your CV to email@example.com with a cover note answering these three questions:
- Why do you want to work for Cabinet Rooms in particular?
- What makes a great team?
- What is your favourite cocktail to make and why?